There are seven Significant Barriers to Employment that would indicate a referral to a DVOP if individual also meets program definition of “Eligible Person” or “Eligible Veteran” in accordance with 38 U.S.C. Chapter 41 § 4101 (5); Chapter 42 § 4211 (4) that include:
- Special disabled or disabled veterans
- Homeless, as defined in Section 103(a) of the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11302 (a));
- A recently-separated service member, as defined in 38 U.S.C. 4211(6), who at any point in the previous 12 months has been unemployed for 27 or more consecutive weeks;
- An offender, as defined by WIA Section 101(27), who has been released from incarceration within the last 12 months;
- Lacking a high school diploma or equivalent certificate; or
- Low-income (as defined by WIA at Sec. 101(25)(B)).
- Any veteran ages 18 to 24 (as defined in VPL 04-14 and TEGL 20-13).