Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Education & Training
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education and Training (SNAP E&T) is a program through the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to help low-income households to buy nutritious food. CareerSource Polk assists eligible SNAP E&T customers with employment, training and work experience opportunities.
- Resume and job search assistance by trained professionals
- Referrals to community resources
- Customized career development plan
To access SNAP E & T services follow the steps below:
You will need a letter from the DEO before you can access the OSST client portal.
Client must log on to www.osstclient.deo.myflorida.com and complete:
- STEP ONE: PROGRAM ORIENTATION within 10 days of the letter date.
- STEP TWO: ASSESSMENT within 10 days of the letter date.
- STEP THREE: Set an appointment with SNAP representative at 863-508-2974.
Upon completion of all three steps, an appointment letter will be mailed to the client for scheduling an in-person meeting with a career center staff member.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education and Training Activities:
- Community Service Work Experience at a non- profit or for-profit entity of your choice You may receive assistance in choosing a non-profit or for-profit entity by contacting your Career Development Specialist II
- WIA/TAA enrollment. Get a paid education at an eligible training provider for a high demand job in the local area (Eligibility requirements must be met)
- Education /Vocational Training
- Approved online courses through Alison.com
- Employment Retention Services
- Job Search for a maximum of 39 hours per month. Includes interviews, job fairs and online searches
- Job Search Training at workshops and classes offered on job readiness and soft skill training available in the local area