At this time, we are no longer enrolling any new participants into the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program.
- As of April 29th, 2022, all future WIOA orientations will be postponed.
- This does not apply to individuals who have received an ITA within the last 6 months.
We will continue to update our website with additional information as it becomes available.
Acquire the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-changing global economy through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Career Development and Training program. WIOA provides individualized services intended to help job seekers upgrade or return to the workforce by utilizing general, individual and training services. It also provides one-on-one assistance for job seekers with resumes, interviewing, job search and career planning.
Workers who are either unemployed or working in low-wage jobs may be eligible for tuition assistance up to $15,000 including instructional costs, books, materials, fees (such as application costs, registration, and laboratory fees) and academic support services. The primary focus is on the attainment of certificates or degrees of value in the labor market leading to a job in high demand occupations, and emerging industries.
CareerSource Polk is able to provide training for occupations that are in demand based on the Target Occupation List. View the 2022-23 Regional Demand Occupations.
2021-2022 Training Programs and Providers | View state approved eligible training providers *2022-2023 Training Programs and Providers Coming Soon!
Who Can Participate?
- Any person who is currently unemployed; or
- Any person who has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment; or
- Any employed person whose family income is less than Polk County’s self-sufficiency rate.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and meet all CareerSource Polk’s evaluation criteria
Interested? Here’s what you need to do:
- Attend WIOA orientation click here for calendar or view the online WIOA Orientation. To reserve your seat for an orientation, please call 863-508-1100.
- Schedule an appointment with a Customer Service Specialist after your orientation or if you completed orientation online, contact us
- Arrive at your appointment with the required documents and meet with a Customer Service Specialist to determine your eligibility for the program
- Take the TABE and CareerScope Assessment test
- Meet with a Career Specialist to determine your eligibility for the program and create your individualized employment plan
If you don’t have a High School Diploma or GED, classes are scheduled throughout Polk County to help adults and youth prepare for the GED. To determine your eligibility and apply call 863.508.1100.