Are you ages 16 to 24, We are here to help! Let our dedicated staff work with you to overcome challenges to obtain success.
CareerSource Polk Young Leaders program is a no-cost eligibility-based program designed to help young adults gain marketable skills that will assist them in entering the workforce or college. The Young Leaders program serves young adults ages 16 to 24 by providing services and activities that connect them with employment and training opportunities.
We have trained staff available to assist young adults with obtaining a diploma, industry credential, or help to find the first job. Participants have the opportunity to complete skill-building activities to earn cash incentives. And the liberty to take advantage of services, including:
- Career Readiness Preparation
- Financial aid preparation assistance
- GED/Academic Preparation
- Job Search & Resume Assistance
- Job Shadowing
- Paid Work Experience
- Specialized Training Opportunities
- Support Service Assistance
- Tuition assistance
Interested? Here’s what you need to do:
- View the online WIOA Youth Orientation or attend the WIOA Youth orientation view the calendar or contact us to reserve your seat.
- Register on Employ Florida (EF) www.employflorida.com, including resume.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Development Specialist after your orientation is complete, contact us.
- Complete a drug screen and background check provided by CareerSource Polk.
- Arrive at your appointment with the required documents to determine your eligibility for the program.
- Take the TABE and CareerScope Assessment test
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist to determine your eligibility for the program
To stay up to date with the Young Leaders program, visit the Young Leaders Facebook page.
Please Note: Young Leaders program serves young adults ages 16 to 24, with a focus on those that are out of school. We are no longer enrolling individuals that are currently enrolled in any school (secondary or post-secondary). However, in-school youth are welcome to participate in the Summer Youth Internship Program.