Downsizing can have a traumatic effect on workers, employers and the community. CareerSource Polk REACT (Re-employment Emergency Assistance Coordination Team) can help you manage a closure, lay-off, or reduction in workforce while helping your employees adjust to the change and re-enter the job market.
- We can counsel employees as a group to provide them critical information on filing for unemployment and using the services of our centers to help find their next job
- Help to obtain training funds for employees who need a skills upgrade
- Facilitate meetings and workshops to provide information on career services available to employees
- Conduct on-site unemployment insurance information sessions
- Assist with special job fairs
For information on unemployment compensation laws and regulations visit the Department of Economic Opportunity. Some employers are required by the “Worker Adjustment & Retraining Notification Act” to file a “WARN” notice 60 days in advance of a plant closing or layoff.