Polk County residents may now apply for up to $2,000 of financial assistance through Polk County Unites.
This grant is made available through a partnership with the Polk County Board of County Commissioners and United Way of Central Florida and is funded by Polk County’s portion of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act grant.
To determine eligibility, individuals that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Can demonstrate lost income or employment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Established residency in Polk County
- Able to prove U.S. Citizenship
Individuals who do not have computer access to complete the online application are encouraged to visit our CareerSource Polk Career Centers in Winter Haven and Lakeland.
CareerSource Polk – Winter Haven
500 East Lake Howard Drive
Winter Haven, Florida 33881
CareerSource Polk – Lakeland
301 North Ingraham Avenue
Lakeland, Florida 33801
Applicants must confirm that they have not received other financial assistance related to the Polk CARES act. Stimulus recipients, including those on Reemployment and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), can still apply for the Polk County Unites grant.
- Valid State-Issued Identification or Florida Driver License
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Loss of Income related to COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. Lay-off letter or furlough notice from employer, unemployment assistance, etc.)
- Utility bill that includes your name and address
Supporting documentation is determined by the type of assistance an applicant requests.