You may contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Reemployment Assistance office the following ways:
- Internet | To file your claim online, claim your weeks or for information about unemployment compensation click here. This link allows Florida’s citizens and former Florida workers to file claims for unemployment insurance.
- Phone | Beginning October 15, DEO’s Contact Center will be open extended hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST to help claimants with CONNECT. The Contact Center phone number is 800-204-2418. You may also try calling 1-800-732-8204.
- Email | You may submit questions or comments by clicking on this link. All email inquiries will be responded to by an reemployment assistance agent within five business days, either by email or telephone, based upon your choice.
Below is information about the new CONNECT system:
If you are applying for the first time:
- When setting up a pin online do not create one that begins with the number 0
- You will now need the FEIN number of their previous employer (This is located on their W2 or paystub).
- Click here to view the document that outlines all information you will need to file a new claim.
If you need to claim your weeks:
- Because of issues concerning the bleeding over of information from the old system to the new there may be a need for you to reclaim the last set of weeks you already claimed before claiming the current set.
- Depending on how you conducted your job searches, the system will prompt you for the employers name, address, city, state, zip, email address, or website
If you receive an error message:
- Any error that mentions the assessment, this is still being worked on. Check back for updates.
- If you are not given the option to claim both or one week contact 1-800-204-2418. They will then correct the issue on the backside of the website.
- Any error that mentions the pin number contact 1-800-204-2418. They will then correct the issue on the backside of the website.
- An error/message that states an over payment was made. Most customers who have experienced this error had an over payment made several years back. During the bleed over to the new system, it seems resolution of those overpayments did not transfer. Please contact 1-800-204-2418 where the representative will fix the issue on the backside of the website. This will usually take up to 24 hours to correct.
- Any other errors received log out and then back in and try again.
Please Note: Effective July 1, 2014, Reemployment Assistance claimants will no longer be required to take the Initials Skills Review (ISR) when claiming RA benefits. The ISR requirement still applies to claims filed prior to July 1, 2014, and for claimants who claim any weeks prior to the week ending July 5, 2014 unless statutory exemptions apply. As of July 1, 2014, RA claimants will be provided an opportunity to take a voluntary online assessment when filing a claim. This online voluntary assessment is available in English, Spanish and Creole. Claimants may elect not to take the online assessment and receive benefits to which they are eligible. Claimants are encouraged to voluntarily complete the assessment.
***By completing the assessment, CareerSource Polk may be better able to evaluate reemployment services available to YOU and improve the opportunities for finding you a new job.
CareerSource Polk staff members are not employed by Florida’s Reemployment Assistance System and therefore cannot determine or offer opinions on anyone’s eligibility for benefits. We can provide computer, Internet, phone and fax access so that you can apply for and make inquiries about their eligibility for and receipt of reemployment assistance compensation benefits.