CareerSource Polk designed the What’s Next Expo to provide young adults ages 16 to 24 with a more realistic alternatives to answer the question of what’s next in their path to education, employment and beyond. The goal is to expose young adults to realistic options for their future by focusing on the areas of education, employment and community opportunities. The event is free and open to the community.
While at the Expo, youth have the opportunity to:
- Explore various career paths
- Learn about high growth, high wage companies in Polk county
- Speak with employers to learn what qualifications are needed for positions
- Speak with colleges and training programs to learn what career opportunities they offer
- Speak with the military to learn what career opportunities they offer
- Participate in resume and mock interview assistance
- Learn more about summer job opportunities and how to get started
The What’s Next Expo is a great opportunity for employers, educational institutions and community organizations, like yours, to connect with the future workforce and to encourage them now, to acquire the skills they will need to be successful in the world of work. We are currently looking for exhibitors to attend the expo and speak directly to those who attend providing them with information needed to make a decision on their next move.