Businesses developing today's workforce
Businesses have the opportunity to grow their bottom-line without increasing their overhead and participants to grow their resume experience while earning wages and gaining new skills.
CareerSource Polk’s Youth Internship Program provide meaningful work experience opportunities to young adults ages 16 to 24. You are uniquely positioned to provide training and guidance allowing these young adults to develop positive work habits, and other critical skill sets necessary to secure sustainable future employment. It is through your dedication and commitment that assist these interns with identifying possible career paths, obtain employment, and grow to become our future leaders.
Polk County Employers are needed to provide work experience opportunities for young adults ages 16 to 24 . We are looking for our partners to provide the following:
- Meaningful work experience in a safe environment
- Arm our interns with skills and experience to better prepare them for the world of work.
- Allow interns to attend mandatory training during the internship period.
- Review and complete the CSP Youth Worksite Agreement before the internship program begins.
- Provide supervision and feedback to the interns you are hosting, including completing performance evaluations.
CareerSource Polk will provide participating Employers with the following:
- Young adults who have been screen for eligibility and suitability, which includes:
- Background Checks
- Drug Screening
- Interviewing to assess desire to work
- Wages for all participating young adults
- State covered liability and workers compensation for participating young adults
- An assigned Worksite Monitor who is responsible for coordinating expectations and communication with the worksite supervisor and participant
Not-for-profits, private, and public organizations in all industries may participate in the Youth Internship Program at no cost. Interested employers may contact Eshia Smith at 863.508.1100 x3320 or [email protected] for more information.
Note: Due to limited participation in some areas, all sites may not be assigned an intern. CareerSource Polk takes seriously our role and responsibility to develop our future workforce. This program is one of many tools we use to achieve this goal so that our employers can remain competitive in this global economy. While we desire and welcome a diverse pool of employers to participate, we have high expectations that every single employer who serves as a worksite will treat our community’s interns with dignity and respect. We also expect that interns are treated as employees who will benefit from coaching and developing when work behavior is not up to par as would be the case for any of your employees.