Polk County Employers are needed to provide work experience opportunities for young adults ages 18 to 24 . The Summer Youth Employment Program begins on June 1, 2020 and concludes on August 7, 2020. We are looking for our partners to provide the following:
- Meaningful work experience in a safe environment for 10 weeks
- Arm our interns with skills and experience to better prepare them for the world of work.
- Allow interns to attend mandatory training during the internship period.
- Review and complete the CSP Youth Worksite Agreement before the internship program begins.
- Provide supervision and feedback to the interns you are hosting, including completing performance evaluations.
CareerSource Polk will:
- Provide young adults between the ages of 16 to 24 an opportunities to participate in the Youth Internship Program
- Screen all potential summer interns for eligibility/suitability, which includes:
- Background Checks
- Drug Screening
- Interviewing to assess desire to work
- Pay the wage of each participating intern ($13.00/hour for a maximum of 30 hours per week)
- Cover liability and workers compensation for each summer intern during the program period;
- Work in partnership with employers to ensure that the summer intern knows the expectation of the job and the value of work.
- Provide the summer intern with a skills assessment and career interest survey to determine suitable placement.
- Assign a worksite monitor to each location that is responsible for conducting onsite visits to ensure safety measures are in place and to answer any questions from the worksite supervisor and summer intern.
- Ensure each intern earn a recognized credential that will support future success.
Not-for-profits, private, and public organizations in all industries may participate in the Youth Internship Program at no cost. Interested employers may contact Barbara Mincy at 863.508.1100 x3327 or [email protected] for more information.
Note: Due to limited participation in some areas, all sites may not be assigned an intern. CareerSource Polk takes seriously our role and responsibility to develop our future workforce. This program is one of many tools we use to achieve this goal so that our employers can remain competitive in this global economy. While we desire and welcome a diverse pool of employers to participate, we have high expectations that every single employer who serves as a worksite will treat our community’s interns with dignity and respect. We also expect that interns are treated as employees who will benefit from coaching and developing when work behavior is not up to par as would be the case for any of your employees.