Local employers are needed to provide work experience opportunities for young adults ages 16 to 24 participating in the Youth Employment Program. The program begins on November 19, 2018 and concludes on January 25, 2019 . We are looking for our partners to provide the following:
- Meaningful work experience in a safe environment
- Review and complete a worksite agreement before the work experience program begins
- Once the young adult is matched with your business, you will be provided with their name and contact information.
CareerSource Polk will:
- Find a young adult between the ages of 16 to 24, who is eager to learn about your place of business and want to contribute to your organization;
- Screen, hire and pay the full salary for each young adult that you employ during the period of November 19, 2018 through January 25, 2019 for a maximum of 30 hours per week;
- Cover liability and workers compensation for each young adult the program period;
- Complete a background check, and drug screen on each young adult prior to assigning them to a worksite;
- Provide the young adult with a skills assessment and career interest survey to determine suitable placement.
- Assign a worksite monitor to each location that is responsible for conducting onsite visits to ensure safety measures are in place and to answer any questions from the worksite supervisor and young adult.
Not-for-profits, private, and public organizations in all industries may participate in the Summer Youth Employment Program at no cost. Interested employers may contact Eshia Smith at 863.508.1100 x3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Due to limited participation in some areas, all sites may not be assigned a young adult.