Since 2003, we have recognized the Best Places to Work in Polk County through a competitive application process that honors employers who exemplify best practices in their workplace and who are committed to improving the quality of life for their employees. The awards will be presented at the CareerSource Polk Annual Meeting and Best Places to Work Awards on August 22, 2019 in Lakeland, Florida.
Samples of the application and employee survey are located at the bottom of the page.
About the Application
Applications are completed online and anonymously scored by an outside panel of Human Resource professionals on the company’s demonstrated commitment to:
- Workplace Diversity
- Work/Life Balance of Employees
- An Educated Workforce
- Training and Development Initiatives
- Recruitment of Quality Employees
- Retention of Quality Employees
In addition, applicants also have the opportunity to share what sets them apart from other employers. In the second part of the process, an anonymous and confidential survey is sent to all members of the company’s staff inquiring about their satisfaction as an employee and how their company supports the balance of work and life. The employee surveys will take place in July.
- April 1: Applications open. All applications must be completed and application fee must be paid for application to be considered.
- June 1: Applications close. All applications must be completed and submitted by midnight for the application to be considered.
- April 3 – June 1: Employee surveys are available once application has been paid. Surveys must be completed by June 1 at midnight to be considered.
- August 22: Winners announced and awards distributed at the CareerSource Polk Annual Meeting.
Benefits of Application
All companies that complete all three steps of the application will receive a full bench marking report along with the results of the anonymous employee surveys.
- Recognition in the CareerSource Polk Annual Report
- Recognition at the Annual Meeting and Best Places to Work Awards
- A rosewood and marble 9 x 12 inch wall plaque
- Best Places to Work lapel pins
- Inclusion on a winner’s banner stand displayed at CareerSource Polk events throughout the year and in the career centers
- Window clings for your company entrance
- A 9 x 12 inch tabletop display
After the receipt of your application fee, you will receive a link to the application. Start the application process by submitting your